1) It’s a shame Amy Adams is up against Cate Blanchett this evening. Blanchett will and should win, but Adams was outstanding in American Hustle, and is the only actor from that film deserving of an award because she is the only one who stuck to her character and didn’t disrupt the flow of the film.
2) Actor is tough. I’ve been pretty “meh” on Leo throughout his career, but he was excellent in Wolf of Wall Street. Every bit as good as McConaughey was.
3) Adapted Screenplay: Wolf of Wall Street was excellent, but I didn’t see 12 Years a Slave, which appears to be the favorite.
4) Original Screenplay is a toss up for me. Her, Dallas Buyers Club, Blue Jasmine, all brilliant.
5) Most importantly, it’s utter nonsense that Inside Llewyn Davis wasn’t invited to the party. If you want to be a stickler and leave it out of the best film talk, fine. But the screenplay, acting and production design was every bit as good as any nominated film.